What are some of the healthy food habits that will help in the long run
• Don’t skip meals.
• Follow the healthy plate in which one-half of the plate is non-starchy veggies, one-quarter of the plate is starch and the other quarter is lean protein. Fruit and nonfat/low fat dairy are outside the plate.
• Prepare food in a healthy manner like baking, broiling, steaming and roasting.
• Limit concentrated sweets and high fat foods.
• Monitor sodium intake.
• Don’t drink your calories.
• Read nutrition facts labels.
• Keep a food diary.
• Allow for treats, but don’t overdo it.